Descent Into Darkness 08: Relive Troy Crowder’s Set from Paradiso Festival
We all yearn for music to take us on a journey, to make us feel, and thankfully the Seattle scene has a DJ that does just that.
There was no way I was missing Troy Crowder’s set at Paradiso Festival. I’ve had my eye, or rather ear, on this Seattle local because he’s brave enough to DJ outside the box. His sets are always unique; populated by tracks rarely heard on dancefloors in the Northwest.
Troy expertly channels his passion for the darker sounds of electronic music via technical skills on the decks and intoxicatingly intelligent track selections. The ways in which he weaves song after song leaves a lasting emotional imprint on the body, mind and heart.
After chatting with Troy about his set he explained to me that’s he’s not afraid of people not dancing during his sets aka “dance floor tension,” he’s simply focused on how the sounds make him feel. I applaud that.
Descent Into Darkness 08: Troy Crowder at Paradiso Festival
“Enjoy this one. I’ve put every bit of my heart and soul into it.”
Latest posts by Lauren Hruska (see all)
- Deliciously Dark Dance Music: Friday Night Lights – Halloween Edition 10/10 - September 30, 2014
- The Power of Trance - September 28, 2014
- What Are Your Top Ten Classic Trance Tracks? - September 16, 2014
- #TBT: Solarstone’s Pure Mix of We Can’t Fly - August 28, 2014
- Groove to Vestiges’ Bootleg of Kiesza’s Hideaway (Free Download) - August 11, 2014